How to delete user data and leads in Intercom?
In order to be compliant with the GDPR, CCPA and the CCPA regulations, in some cases, you will need to exercise the “right to be forgotten” (also known as “the right to erasure”) and complete user deletion requests from data sources such as Intercom.
The process of manually reviewing, approving, and completing deletion requests in Intercom can become complicated and lead to human errors resulting in more manual work and compliance risks.
Mine for Business developed an automated service to help companies complete erasure requests from Intercom and other data sources with no-code integrations that are easy to implement. With the Mine for Business Intercom Integration, you will be able to review and complete deletion requests while spending as little time as possible on fulfilling each request.
Here’s how to manually delete users/leads from Intercom:
- Log in to your intercom account and go to ‘settings’.
- Open the ‘delete people data’ tab in your settings.
- Enter the user ID/email of the user you want to delete.
- Select the user/lead you want to delete.
- Click ‘Permanently delete’ to complete deletion.
Important notes about deleting Intercom users:
- Archiving a user is not the same as deleting it. Archived users are not permanently deleted.
- Deleting users/leads removes all of their conversations from Intercom.
- If you delete a user/lead by mistake, you can contact Intercom and request them to retrieve the information.
Deleting user data from Intercom and other data sources
Managing many erasure requests in multiple data sources can be really painstaking and cost unnecessary working hours. The Mine for Business privacy platform was developed to help organizations save time and minimize the risk of errors during their DSR process. Access our Privacy Portal for free to discover endless integrations and privacy solutions.